Currency Switcher for WooCommerce 1.6/2.0.x allows your Visitors to select in which currency they would like to see your prices, as well as complete transactions in such currency.
How it works
Once enabled, the Plugin will allow you to configure a list of the Currencies you would like to accept. Such Currencies will then appear in a list, displayed as a widget, which your Users can use to choose their preferred Currency. When a User selects a Currency, the shop will be both displaying prices and completing transactions in the new Currency. That is, the prices displayed on the shop will be the ones that the Client will pay upon completing the order.
This feature will enable your shop to receive payments in different currencies, thus reducing the costs deriving from currency conversions performed by the various Payment Gateways. Also, Credit Card operators often charge a conversion fee when a payment is made in a currency different from the one for which the card was issued. This adds an extra cost on every purchase, and it can discourage prospective Clients. Giving your Visitors the possibility of paying in their Currency can help improving conversion.
Every order will store the Currency used to place it, so that both Shop Managers and Clients will be able to retrieve it and see how much they paid.
Your ability to accept payment in each Currency will depend on your Payment Gateway and/or Payment Processing Company, so your Customers will need to complete their purchase in the appropriate Currency.
This product includes GeoLite data created by MaxMind, available from http://www.maxmind.com.
Releases are announced via blog posts; you can subscribe to the site feed (use the form which you can find on the right, on the front page) to be informed when new updates are available.
- Easy to use for both Site Administrators and End Users.
- Allows Visitors to shop in their preferred Currency.
- Automatic update of Exchange Rates, via Open Exchange Rates or WebServiceX.
- Possibility manually entering a price, in each currency, for each product, without having to use an exchange rate (since version 2.0). Note: such feature is still being tested on WooCommerce 1.6.
- Automatic detection of Visitors’ Country, with currency set accordingly (since version 1.9.130624).
- Filtering of available payment methods depending on the selected currency (since version 220.127.116.11814).
- Possibility of setting Exchange Rates manually, instead of having them updated automatically.
- Visitors’ preferred currency is persistent and it will be selected automatically at their next visit (feature requires Users to be logged on your shop).
- Integration with the multi currencies feature of Google Analytics.
- Compatible with both WooCommerce 1.6 and 2.0.x (plugin has been tested until WooCommerce 2.0.14).
- WordPress 3.4/3.6 (plugin has been tested until WP 3.6)
- PHP 5.3+
- PHP Extensions
- WooCommerce 1.6/2.0.x (plugin has been tested until WooCommerce 2.0.19)